Wednesday, June 13, 2012

melanie & adam's rehearsal dinner at sunset

Last November, I had the amazing honor of photographing Melanie & Adam's engagement, which can be viewed here.  Their session was also featured on the fabulous Midwest wedding blog, A Northwoods Wedding.  Now, 7 months later, their big day was upon us.  I was so excited when Melanie asked if I would be interested in photographing her wedding rehearsal & dinner, especially when she told me the details of the dinner: al-fresco dining, at sunset, in a romantic and intimate setting.  I absolutely love Melanie's sense of style, so I knew it was going to be amazing, and it was.  And I absolutely loved meeting Melanie & Adam's family and friends - they are truly some of the most incredible people I have ever met.  Thank you, Melanie & Adam for letting me be a part of such a special time in your lives...

{Also, a VERY special thank you to my amazing sister, Melissa, for assisting me! You are the best! ♥}

Now, a glimpse of the magical evening...


love the look on adam's face as he sees Melanie...



Everything took place at Kathy & John Marty's farm in Somerset, WI and it was absolutely incredible!  From the gorgeous flower gardens & country landscape, to the beautiful farmhouse and renovated barn, it is an amazing setting for a wedding.  If you would like more information about this natural and unique venue, please free feel to email me!    
    

Dinner was set up in the private front yard under the most amazing trees... Teal mason jars were hung with candles and it created the most intimate and beautiful setting.   


And the food - it was AMAZING! Dinner started off with a cascading fruit bowl and a fresh garden salad with sliced vegetables, grape tomatoes, scallions, shredded parmesan cheese and croutons served with two artisan breads: rosemary & sea salt focaccia and herb & garlic focaccia bread sticks.  


Entrees were generous servings of Spinach Lasagna Roll-ups and Chicken Alfredo on penne noodles.  And the perfect summer beverage - iced lemonade!  

And for dessert - raspberry sorbet with fresh berries... 

After dinner, Adam's mother Sally surprised Melanie & Adam with a beautiful canvas print from their engagement session... 





Thank you again, Melanie & Adam, for letting me capture this special time in your lives! 

Please check back for Melanie & Adam's gorgeous wedding day!  Here is a sneak peek at the bride and groom... 


All images copyright of Rachel Galetka Photography.

No comments:

Post a Comment