Saturday, October 5, 2013

kim & david {backyard wedding, wisconsin wedding photographer}

Kim and David are the most sweetest couple and their love for each other is unlike many.  It is deep and sincere and without a doubt, I know it will last a lifetime.  In just four months time, they planned the most incredible backyard wedding with the help of their amazing friends and family.  Please be sure to read from the bride below... The most important part of their wedding was not about the dress, or the venue, etc - but instead a celebration of "marrying each other."  It was the most beautiful and heartfelt wedding and it was an absolute honor to be a part of something so special.  Kim and David - thank you so much for letting me capture this amazing time in your life!  I wish you all the love and happiness in the world!  I hope the small preview of images below tells the story of your wedding day, full of love, family, and celebration....

{A very special thank you to my assistant, Melissa!  I appreciate you so much!}

♥ Rachel
From the Bride: 
God is faithful.  No truth could be more evident than this as we look back on our wedding day. It was nothing short of a miracle that everything came together as perfectly as it did, considering our short timeline of just four months to plan. God provided though, in both big and small ways, from our supportive and encouraging family and friends, to an absolutely gorgeous day for our outdoor ceremony and reception.

Even looking back to when David and I first met, only by sweet providence were the right doors opened, and others closed to bring us together. Last fall, I was ready to head off on a study abroad trip in New Zealand, and David made himself available to be placed anywhere in the world that his job needed him. However, the need arose for David to stay in Duluth MN, where he went to school, and I, at the last minute, declined the study abroad program and transferred schools altogether. It was here that we met and began dating, as I was going to school and David was working on the same campus.

Fast forward to late winter, David and I knew we wanted to pursue marriage together, but after only a few months of dating we were anxious that our parents would feel it was too soon. After praying and talking with older married couples we look up to, David and I each talked with our parents and to our surprise, they were completely supportive and excited for us! Once again, we were reminded of God's faithfulness. 

The wedding was amazing. The gospel was preached, I married my best friend, and then we partied; It was everything we wanted. But it was so much more than that. We were so incredibly blessed in each detail leading up to the wedding, in ways we can't even begin to number, but especially by our generous and gracious parents and our awesome wedding party. My parents worked so hard all summer, preparing the lawn and gardens so that David and I could be married at my home in Clear lake Wisconsin. David's parents, in their generosity, completely took care of the catering and other random needs that arose, so that we didn't need to worry about any of it. One of my bridesmaids, Hana, went above and beyond, designing, printing and putting together all of the invitations, programs, and songbooks. What a blessing and gift that was to us!  My sister and maid of honor, Mary, my goodness, I don't even know where I'd be without that amazing woman. On top of her emotional support, celebrating with us. rejoicing with us, and praying for us, she did so much to make the wedding happen, so much more than we ever could have asked for. It truly was an honor to have her stand by me as David and I said "I do." The entire wedding party was a blessing to us; they were so supportive and willing to help out with anything, and we are so thankful to have been able to celebrate this joyous day with each of them. 

After finalizing the big things like the date, time and location, we were able to focus on the fun details. I loved the idea of trousers and suspenders with bow ties for the men - simple and classy! I also really like the mismatched trend for the ladies of the wedding party, and I knew what colors I liked so I let each woman choose her own dress. I wanted them to each be able to wear something they liked and felt comfortable in, but most of all I wanted to respect their college student budgets. They each chose a dress from Etsy.com, and I loved the way they all looked together! 

The decorations for the ceremony and reception mostly consisted of flowers and glassware that David and I had saved up from our meals together - bottles from olive oil and maple syrup, and jars from spaghetti sauce, peanut butter, etc.  Everything came together so wonderfully, and David and I couldn't be more humbled and grateful for every moment. 



Congrats, Kim & David!
*Please leave a comment for the happy couple below!*
*To see more from this wedding, please be sure to LIKE Rachel Galetka Photography on Facebook here!
**************************************************************************
Wedding dress:  Galina / David's Bridal
Bridesmaids Dresses & Shoes:  Etsy.com
Groom's & Groomsmen attire:  Target.com
Bowties:  Etsy.com
Florist:  Sam's Club Florists
Hair:  Cheveux Salon, Clear Lake
Centerpieces:  DIY
Cake/Cupcakes:  Cake Creators, Clear Lake
DJ:  Sam Buesing
Caterer:  The Downing Café
Invitations & Programs:  designed and printed by Hana Peterson

1 comment:

  1. Love spells to attract someone, stop a divorce, prevent a break up and get your ex back
    contact Dr . Obodo via
    Email: templeofanswer@hotmail.co.uk
    phone / whatsapp: +234 8155425481

    ReplyDelete