Sunday, February 28, 2021

Craig + Rachel {A Valentine's Day Proposal}

Valentine's Day 2021 ~  It was forecasted to be the coldest day of the winter season - we were in a wind chill warning, with temps of -35 to -50 below, and they were forecasting it to be cloudy and overcast all day.  However, to much to our surprise, the day started with the most beautiful sunrise, which we had not seen in quite awhile.  Craig started the day off by asking if I would be his Valentine.  He said to me, this is going to be a day to remember, as I am going to spend it with you, the love of my life (he is just the sweetest!)  

We bundled up and ventured out to take photos of the sun coming up, as Craig knows how much I love my camera, and sunlight :)  It was definitely cold out (frigid in fact!) - but it didn't matter. We were together and enjoying God's beautiful creation... 

Craig then wanted to take me to Stone Quarry, where we had went on the very first day that we met... We packed hot cocoa and some blankets and we were off... 

We ventured up to the warming cabin where Craig started a fire, and I began to capture more of the day with my camera... 

We reminisced about old memories and the new memories that we hope to make - there was no better moment than being cuddled up next to him, as we listened to the cracking fire.... It was then that Craig got down on one knee and proposed asking to marry me, saying he had asked God for someone like me and thanks God everyday that I was brought into his life.  He promised to make me happy for the rest of his life, and that I deserve to be truly and fully loved for the rest of my days....  He vowed that God would be the center of our relationship, and everyday he will remind me how much he loves me.  

The tears were streaming down my face as I tearfully and joyfully said yes.  What I love most about Craig is not only his quiet patience, his kindness, how honest and hardworking he is - but that he has God in his heart and he lives to serve Him.  Craig handles so many things in life with such grace.  He is my best friend, the love of my life, and I am truly blessed and thankful to have him by my side...

We are so excited to spend the rest of our lives together and we are so excited to plan an intimate wedding in the northwoods where we call home. ♥  

A very special thank you to my beautiful incredible mama :)  After proposing, Craig had called her to come and take some photos of us, so all the photos that have me and Craig in them, were taken by my ever-so talented mama!  I have put all the photos together to tell the story of our day... 

We also want to say a very heartfelt thank you to my Aunt Colleen & Uncle Mike for introducing Craig and I on that fateful Fall day at their cookout - we love you!

So please, we hope you enjoy this look into our very special day - it may have been the coldest day on record, but it will forever be one of the warmest memories of our hearts...  






































































































1 comment: